Monday, July 13, 2009

Get Your Caffeine Buzz On

Today's Guest Columnist Topic:
"The best way to the bottom of an iced coffee tumbler is a really long tongue"

By Eddy S., Chicago, IL

My name is Eddy. I am a 12-year old Husky. I was adopted long ago in a cemetery in South Dakota. True story. I was found by a friend of a friend (who is undead)…and the rest is history. I’m not one of those fancy crystal blue-eyed huskies. I have amber-colored eyes and a light pink nose. I kinda like having a different look. Now I live in Chicago - it’s a big beautiful city. I live in a modern townhouse right on the beach of Lake Michigan. On special days, I get to run along the shore early in the morning when it is not populated with humans and my fellow butt-sniffers. That is the best part of my day…well that and eating people food.

I heart coffee-flavored treats. On hot days, my favorite treat is the bottom of the iced coffee cooler. By the time mom is almost done, it’s my turn to clean the plastic tumbler. And I do so with fervor. Huskies know how darn hot summer can be; frozen coffee treats rock my canine world. People love to watch me get after that coffee-y goodness. Sometimes the tall plastic container is troublesome, but I always find a way to lick it all clean. Is anyone done with their iced coffee drink? Please hook a husky up.


Eddy S., Chicago, IL enjoying a day at the beach before his coffee break.

At this very moment, Jester and I are drooling. Is there anything better on a hot summer day than relaxing at the beach with an iced coffee? Readers, let us know what your favorite summer drinks are.

Sincerely,
Baron, Director of Dog Stuff
Jester, Director of Cat Stuff

Upcoming Guest Columnist Schedule
  1. Tuesday, July 14: Anonymous Squirrel, New England, draws a parallel between Manifest Destiny and Hotel California
  2. Wednesday, July 15: Baron requests a retention bonus from AIG
  3. Thursday, July 16: Jester opines about a topic yet to be determined
If you'd like to become a guest columnist, send your article to jester at jester@whiskergifters.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment