Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Confessions of a Formerly Feral Feline

WARNING: RATED NC-S
CONTAINS MATERIAL NOT SUITED FOR SQUIRRELS

Today's Guest Columnist Topic:
"Confessions of a Formerly Feral Feline"

By Minnie M., Tampa, FL

Before, I was one of about a dozen cats hanging out at a house in the cul-de-sac. The old couple living there fed us and had us all neutered/spayed. It was an OK place to live, but too crowded. I had issues with the Siamese. I moved on to the house three doors away.

Flipper was an old cat there who was very sick. We spoke through the patio screen. He asked me to stay with his humans after he was gone. So I did. It took me awhile to learn to trust them. Every day they put out some pretty decent cat chow. I got closer and closer. Eventually, I let them touch me. I found out that being petted is great – especially the scratch under the chin!

Recently, I've been coming inside every night. I watch a little TV, (usually a reality show or an old movie) fall asleep on the couch and then move on to the bed around 10 pm. I miss the occasional squirrel I used to eat, but now I'm addicted to Fancy Feast Trout canned food. I'm grateful for the flea treatment I get once a month. They bought me a brush (love it!) and a stuffed bird (hate it!). Real birds are so much better as toys don't you think?

I still prefer to be outside, even though I have to share space under the deck with a stupid possum family. Sometimes I fall off the wagon and drink out of the pool. Overall, I recommend the domesticated life.


Minnie M., Tampa, FL - My hobbies are squirrel hunting, napping in the mulch and begging for canned food.
Editor's Note: It is not the editorial policy of this blog to censor guest columnists. Our intention is simply to expose our readers to a variety of viewpoints to which they may not have access by other means. Sometimes, those viewpoints may differ from our own. Therefore, while we respect her choices as a free feline, we neither condone nor support Minnie M.'s "occasional squirrel" as a food choice or her penchant for "squirrel hunting". Our sincere apologizies to Lucky E., our guest columnist of June 29, for any mental anguish this article may have caused.

Sincerely,
Baron, Director of Dog Stuff
Jester, Director of Cat Stuff

Upcoming Guest Columnist Schedule
  1. Tuesday, July 7: Kumba W., Springfield, MA discusses the power of naming and renames everyone in her family
If you'd like to become a guest columnist, send your article to jester at jester@whiskergifters.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment